One Health PACT Meeting Summary – Friday, September 29th
The One Health PACT meeting took place on Friday, September 29th at Deltares in Delft. The meeting featured presentations from various experts in the field:
- Marion Koopmans provided a welcome message and an update on the status of the One Health PACT project.
- Uriel Kitron from Emory University delivered a keynote presentation on the transmission of West Nile Virus in the U.S. and arboviruses in Brazil.
- Pauline de Best discussed behavioural determinants for the use of prevention measures against mosquitoes and mosquito-borne viruses in Spain and the Netherlands.
- Tessa Nelemans presented on innate immune escape by Usutu virus.
- Jurrian van Irsel examined the impact of arbovirus outbreaks on wild bird populations in the Netherlands.
Following these presentations, Sigrid van Dorp and Martha Gilbert led a discussion on future plans and follow-up funding opportunities for the next phase of the project.
The meeting provided valuable insights into various aspects of arbovirus transmission, prevention measures, and the potential impacts on wildlife populations. It also set the stage for future collaborations and research efforts within the One Health PACT initiative.